Monday, October 23, 2006

How to Be a Man: The Short Version

Or, "But I Don't Feel Like a Neanderthal!"

This is a handout that I received during the mandatory reeducation for my horrific speed dialing crime, aka the Commonwealth of Massachusetts' State Certified Batterer's Intervention Program. They call this little number "The Male Emotional System". Not surprisingly, it fits on a single 8.5 X 11 sheet, but I never would have guessed that it looked like this. Click the image to enlarge it.



If anyone has a copy of the Female Emotional Funnel System, please let me know in the comments. I can't wait to see where it ends!

If anyone knows where I can go to get that year of my life back, I'd like to hear about that too.

UPDATE:
Clearly, men need more positive input.

2 comments:

notmtwain said...

You don't need to get that year back. What you need is to keep trying to make something positive out of what happened to you.

Contacting me, for example, and posting on my website, was very helpful to me. I see a lot of stuff on your site which will be helpful to me as I go further down this road. There are undoubtedly hundreds of men in similar situations right now in Massachusetts.

You and I are in a position to help them.

You won. I won. Men don't need to lose these things. When enough men fight back, things will change.

I've already contacted my state rep and senator and they seem sympathetic about the need to make a change.

How about getting some type of petition together on this?

Paul McKay said...

You don't need to get that year back. What you need is to keep trying to make something positive out of what happened to you.

That's the plan, John.

There are undoubtedly hundreds of men in similar situations right now in Massachusetts.

At least that many, probably more.

You and I are in a position to help them.

Yes, we are. The answer is accountability. Check your email.