Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Reminiscing, 5 years later

Every week, I get an email from Sitemeter and sometimes it prompts me to take a look at the traffic the site is getting. There really aren't any gaudy numbers to look at, so I tend to look more at where the traffic comes from, how long the visitor stays, etc...

That email often just gets deleted, but this week is significant in that that Sunday, July 13th was five years to the day from the day I went to bed and wound up in jail, courtesy of my favorite felon, Cynthia Whelehan. And strangely enough, guess who visited this little site on July 13? Yup. Cynthia Whelahan. From Lambeth, I presume.

Obviously, I can only assume that she's looking for what I might have to say on the occasion, and I hate to disappoint. So...

I thank God every day that I saw the light before I made two of the most horrific mistakes I would ever have made in my life: marrying you and having a child with you. If you're wondering if you're still on my mind, the answer is yes. I kick myself regularly for being so willfully blind to your utter lack of trust and your inability to be a partner in an adult relationship. And I cringe every time I imagine what my life might be like today if I had submitted to your perverse desire for control.

For a while, there were pangs of sadness at having lost what often seemed so perfect a relationship before we lived together. But every time those cropped up, all I had to do was look at what you very intentionally did to me, and I know that I made the right decision when I told you I was leaving. You made yourself awfully easy to get over, and I suppose I should thank you for that. I know I could never trust you, which is sort of ironic, given that I had already made that leap of faith that you simply couldn't.

I really should get around to posting all of the documents from this case, starting with your police statement. The trial testimony is pretty juicy too. A full document dump is in order, even though it's hundreds of pages. I should set some time aside to share, don't you think?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree. You should make a point of setting aside some time to post those documents.

Lucille said...

I agree with anonymous. It is important that people see the kinds of horrendous lies people use to get a judge to grant these orders.

I also commend you for publishing the name of the person who abused the court process to victimize you.

Having been severely traumatized by abuse of this kind, identity of such perjurers should be made public... hardly an adequate punishment for their crime.

Anonymous said...

do you plan on ever posting the documents you have, including police statements from that night...along with any others?